So what is the recovery like for breast augmentation? In Austin, most of my patients that have breast augmentation surgery on a Thursday find themselves ready to be back to work by Monday or Tuesday. The recovery is actually quite quick and fairly unremarkable. I use the Keller Funnel™ to minimize trauma to the breast, which reduces swelling and minimizes bruising. Actually, my patients rarely have bruising after this procedure. I close the incision with dissolving sutures and a protective skin glue that allow you to shower the same day of the surgery. I am a firm believer that my patients should get back to the gym as soon as they feel ready to do so. I ask just a few things—no pull ups, no push ups, no bench press for 6 weeks—otherwise…Go For It!
Here are the top five reasons why we feel we offer exceptional care with regard to your breast procedure:
1. I am an ABPS Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon.
2. Consultation time is just over one hour so that we can discuss all the options that you have with this procedure.
3. I use the Keller Funnel™ to minimize implant damage & incision length.
4. We perform in-office breast sizing so that you can choose the implant size you desire.
5. All surgeries are performed at Seton SW Hospital for patient safety with a Board-Certified Anesthesiologist.
If you have any questions about breast augmentation in Austin, please call us at our Austin plastic surgery office at (512) 288-8200 or contact us directly via email! You can also sign up for our monthly newsletter on our “news” page.
Leave a Reply