If you have not tried microneedling at the Piazza Center yet, you may want to make it your new best friend pronto! Microneedling is also referred to as “collagen induction therapy,” which is why we think of it as the gift that keeps on giving. It works by creating tiny micro-channels within your skin, which trigger the production of important proteins like collagen and elastin to deliver 5 huge benefits.
- Say goodbye to the noticeable appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Because our bodies, with age, start to decrease the production of collagen and elastin, fine lines and deep wrinkles start to become more and more noticeable over time. Your body’s natural ability to produce elastin starts to slow down after we hit puberty. When you reach your 20s, your natural ability to produce collagen begins to slow down as well. By triggering your natural wound-healing process, microneedling helps the protein ramp back up so your body can produce more collagen and elastin. This results into smoother and youthful-looking skin.
- Reduce the appearance of sun damage. Remember the days when laying out in the sun covered in baby oil and laying in tanning beds was the thing to do? Protecting yourself from the damaging rays of the sun wasn’t the top priority on your list. Now, the signs of sun damage suddenly popping up on your skin don’t seem like a big mystery anymore. Facial rejuvenation with microneedling can be a great way to reverse both early and present signs of sun damage like dark spots and premature wrinkles. Microneedling can also help to diminish hyperpigmentation caused by other common conditions like melasma.
- Helps with pore size. Contrary to popular belief, pores can’t physically open and close. But a little extra collagen can help to plump the skin around them, making pores look a whole lot smaller. Even though microneedling creates temporary, controlled micro-channels in your skin, this treatment can actually help to reduce the appearance of enlarged pores, making your skin look and feel much smoother and more even. Increased collagen means a firmer and more supportive skin structure, which can have a tightening effect on the appearance of your pores.
- Helps boost the effects of your skin care products. You know those special skin care products you’re using? Well, as beneficial as they may be, they may not be able to fully penetrate into your skin for maximum effectiveness. Microneedling can increase skin absorption, helping your favorite topical products do their job better. However, because microneedling can help topical products reach the underlying layers of skin more quickly, you do have to be careful about what you apply to your skin directly after your procedure. Your practitioner should provide some specific aftercare instructions to help you get the most out of your treatment.
- Microneedling isn’t just for your face. This skin rejuvenation treatment can be used anywhere on your face or body to help you achieve a smoother and more even skin tone and texture. If you’re bothered by the appearance of stretch marks, acne scars or other skin imperfections that aren’t necessarily on your face, then you might want to talk to your practitioner about expanding your microneedling procedure to include these trouble spots.
Contact the Piazza Center today to schedule your microneedling consultation with one of our aestheticians.